PIVX Core Wallet
Setup, and run your own PIVX Core wallet
Intro on PIVX Core wallet, how it integrates into the ecosystem, why it is necessary that people run core wallet to operate the network, why core wallet might not be for everybody to run etc
The PIVX Core Wallet is the cornerstone of the PIVX ecosystem, and its most essential building block, offering the following key functionalities:
- It is the standard tool to receive/spend/manage your PIVs in a safe and decentralized way
- It supports incoming and outgoing transactions; both shielded and transparent
- All the core wallets running work together to validate the transactions on the blockchain. So running a core wallet will also allow you to participate in securing the PIVX network and earn staking rewards in return
- And last but not least, PIVX masternodes also run on top of the PIVX core wallet
The PIVX core wallet runs on all the most common operating systems. The officially supported OSes, for which executables/installers are provided are Windows, Linux and MacOS.
Hardware requirements are reasonable as well. The minimum recommended specifications are:
- A single-core CPU
- 2 GB of RAM
- At least 30 GB of storage space
If you want to stake your PIVs, you will need your wallet to be connected to the internet 24/7, on a relatively fast connection. In addition to the above requirements, running a masternode will require your computer to have a fixed IP address.