PIVX Core Wallet
Setup and run your own PIVX Core wallet
Introducing the PIVX Core wallet, how it integrates into the ecosystem, why it is necessary that people run core wallet to operate the network and why the core wallet might not be for everybody.
The PIVX Core Wallet is the cornerstone of the PIVX ecosystem, and its most essential building block, offering the following key functionalities:
- It is the standard tool to receive/spend/manage your PIVs in a safe and decentralized way.
- It supports incoming and outgoing transactions, both shielded and transparent.
- All the core wallets running work together to validate the transactions on the blockchain. So running a core wallet will also allow you to participate in securing the PIVX network and earn staking rewards in return.
- And last but not least, PIVX masternodes also run on top of the PIVX core wallet.
The PIVX core wallet runs on most common operating systems. The officially supported OSes, for which executables/installers are provided are Windows, Linux and MacOS.
Hardware requirements are reasonable as well. The minimum recommended specifications are:
- A single-core CPU
- 2 GB of RAM
- At least 30 GB of storage space
In addition to the above requirements, running a masternode requires:
- 10,000 PIV
- 24/7 connection to the internet
- A fixed/static IP address per masternode